EduTrust is the quality assurance framework that is designed to differentiate the high quality education providers from within Singapore's private education industry. EF Singapore fully supports all legislation enacted by the Council for Private Education.
The EduTrust framework comprises of 6 major components:
- Management commitment and responsibilities
- Corporate governance and administration
- External recruitment agents
- Student protection and support services
- Academic processes and assessment of students
- Quality assurance, monitoring and results
Private schools that seek EduTrust accreditation must satisfy several critical requirements before receiving final accreditation, including:
- Credit rating
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)
- Implementation of Fee Protection Scheme
- Provision of medical insurance
- Fulfilling all EduTrust terms and conditions
EF Singapore recognises the importance of the EduTrust framework and the legislation enacted by the Council for Private Education. The framework will serve to greatly enhance Singapore's reputation as an excellent provider of private education while protecting the interests of both local and international students in Singapore.
Fee Protection Scheme
One important aspect of the EduTrust framework is the Fee Protection Scheme (FPS), which aims to protect students against loss of tuition fees due to malpractice by the course providers. It is compulsory for both international students and for local students.
The FPS serves to protect the international and local students' fees in the event that a Private Education Institute (PEI) is unable to continue operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure. Furthermore, the FPS protects the student if the PEI fails to pay penalties or to return fees to students arising from judgements made against it by the Singapore Courts.
EF Singapore has put in place the Student Tuition Fee Insurance as its FPS for international and local students. The Student Tuition Fee Insurance offers insured students protection against the following events:
- Loss of tuition fees paid in advance by the insured student to EF Singapore and not refunded, if the student cannot start or complete his/her course as a result of EF Singapore becoming insolvent or being required by the Singapore authorities to stop operations.
- EF Singapore failure to pay sum awarded by Singapore Courts to the insured student, where such award relates to a dispute between EF Singapore and the insured student on tuition fees paid by the insured student to EF Singapore.
- S$10,000 benefit payable covering the insured student's accidental death or total permanent disability by accident.
Fee Protection Company: Lonpac Insurance BHD
Policy Number: Z/12/BM00/000337
Period of Insurance: 01 October 2012 to 30 September 2013